Child Safety Day 2012
We hosted our first annual Child Safety Day on Saturday, November 3, 2012 from 11:00am to 3:00pm in the parking lot of our new building located at 2100 West Broadway - on the corner of Broadway and Stadium.
We had an amazing turnout and we want to give a big thanks to all of our staff and volunteers who helped make it happen. Also, to all of YOU who attended and helped to make our first year a great success.
Child Safety Day focused on emotional and physical health, auto and bike safety, financial and legal knowledge, education and of course entertainment. Child Safety Day helped to provide a FREE AND FUN educational experience for our community’s children and families.
Some of the organizations and events that participated in Child Safety Day:
- Columbia Police Department – fingerprinting for child ID kits, stranger safety, bike safety
- Columbia Fire Department – fire truck tours, fire prevention and safety
- Missouri State Highway Patrol – demonstrations on how to properly install various car/booster seats, Seat Belt Convincer
- Health Department – Free Flu Shots
- Jimmy Johns – Free sandwiches
- Free Refreshments
- Bounce House
- Face Painting
- Balloon Animals
- Free Child-size Bike and Helmet Giveaway
- Canned Food Drive to benefit the Mid-Missouri Food Bank
We believe it is important for every child to be equipped with the tools and knowledge to have a safe and happy childhood and we hope to help provide that through Child Safety Day. Child Safety Day is open to anyone and everyone who has interest in attending. We are already looking forward to next year!!!